Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2019-04-23 22:57:51

zero
Website

Re: Facebook experiences

bici wrote #317729:

You had me, until the link provided wants us to opt out of vaccinations.

There’s an increasing amount of censorship of anti-vaccine information – good information about what vaccines contain, how they only target 5% of viruses, how 95% of vaccines only have the effect of weakening the immune system, etc. Vaccines can be effective if properly targeted, but big pharma wants everybody to have mandatory vaccines — big bucks. They are using the measles “epidemic” (315 deaths out of 350 million Americans) as “proof” that anti-vaccine campaigners are crazy and are successfully getting their info banned from media outlets. This is extreme censorship, stifling of debate. If they can successfully achieve this ban with AI, they will do it with who knows what. Trying to keep this on-topic: Faecesbook are already doing it

Edit: Because it is hard to find reliable vaccine information on search engines now, here’s a link. Dr Merola is very sussed out about preventative medicine and health, uses scientific evidence to back all his articles and is a constant thorn in big pharma’s side. I’ve been reading his newsletters for 12 years or more, so can vouch for him, although you might call that bias I suppose. Measles is one article, there are many more on this site.

Last edited by zero (2019-04-23 23:32:38)

Wondrous Healing 3 wondrous ways to a healthy old age
Safe Reiki Harmless natural healing.

#12 2019-04-24 00:06:01

bici
Website

lots of polio still rampant in the modern world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio

…. texted postive

#13 2019-04-24 00:16:02

michaelkpate
Website

Here in the US we are having Measles outbreaks – in New York and Los Angeles.

I got vaccinated against Measles right around 50 years ago.

#14 2019-04-24 12:36:05

zero
Website

I mentioned vaccines, smart meters and 5G as examples of how corporations are imposing their agendas onto us, and how they are manipulating Farcebook and using AI to get their message seen and to limit our message and information. The InPower Movement I mentioned have a method to do something about this – imho an excellent method – and the Notice of Liability method can be applied to many issues, not just the ones I mentioned. I hope people will explore that method and we don’t get side-tracked into opinions, of which I have strong ones formed from personal experience but which will no doubt differ, sometimes radically, from yours and your perspective.

BTW: notifications were working until I replied to one earlier and are now not working.

Last edited by zero (2019-04-24 12:37:37)

#15 2019-04-24 21:05:04

michaelkpate
Website

Facebook has managed to hold on to its 66 percent daily to monthly user ratio, showing people aren’t necessarily using it less despite all the backlash. But Facebook failed to grow past its 186 million daily user count in the US & Canada where it got stuck last quarter, but at least it added 4 million in its lucrative Europe market, plus it had atypically large gains in Asia-Pacific and the Rest Of World regions. As for monetization, Facebook made modest gains in average revenue per user across markets compared to Q3 2018 (excluding the holiday-laden Q4). Europe did especially well, growing ARPU 8.2 percent. – Facebook reserves $3B for FTC fine, but keeps growing with 2.38B users in Q1

#16 2019-04-24 22:04:32

zero
Website

We are focused on building out our privacy-focused vision for the future of social networking, and working collaboratively to address important issues around the internet

Same news as yours Michael, slightly different slant. 3Bn will be used as a marketing exercise, imho, to rewrite what privacy means and use AI to generate agreement by the FB masses or something like that. They are so cocky though, and I hope that proves to be their undoing.

#17 2019-05-01 13:01:15

zero
Website

Facebook redesign: what’s changing and when

This summary of Suckerblurb’s latest manipulations show he is using privacy as a way to exert even more control over users.

“More significantly, the revamp will see users encouraged to interact and share content with private groups, rather than posting publicly on the site’s News Feed.” Sounds like a very handy way to provide advertisers with more targeted leads.

“Facebook will also recommend groups that are better targeted to the user – so someone who follows left-wing accounts, say, will not be shown right-wing pages.” Again, removing a bit more choice and control from the user, who before long won’t be able to find what they are looking for. “You don’t need to do anything, we’ll do it all for you” type of thing. Windows OS, car servicing, even house building have become far removed from DIY maintenance.

“In another major shift, the platform will help users find nearby events…”

They were already doing these things last year. It just sounds like a statement to keep the press happy and make FB appear like it is responding to public concerns in a positive way. The Future Is Private sounds ominously like Divide And Conquer to me.

I’m sorry to add this gloom to your day. I often say that if you look for the negative you will find it and if you look for the positive in anything you will always find it too. So I should really give the sucker a chance to show he is sincerely wanting to connect people and improve our world. There’s certainly the potential there to do so.

#18 2019-05-02 11:14:53

Destry
Website

The Nuclear Option for Blocking Facebook and Google

In drastic times we must take drastic measures.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#19 2019-05-15 07:12:10

Destry
Website

Another reason why you don’t use FB anything.

/* suddenly in mood to try the nuclear option again */

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#20 2019-05-19 17:25:46

colak
Admin
Website

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | Respbublika! | NeMe @ github

Board footer