Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#101 2018-06-06 12:11:58

Destry
Website

Re: smd_user_manager: keep large user bases under control

Hi Stef,

I was hoping I wouldn’t need to worry about this again, but I had to resurrect a site that has user man installed. I updated the site from 4.6.2 to 4.7. All content still outputs correctly on the frontside, but I observe the following problems on the admin-side…

• If in context of the Admin menu, the User Manager label reads correctly as ‘User manager’. But if in context of any other admin-side menu, it reads ‘smd_um_tab_name’.
  • Same situation with ‘Bio config’; looks okay in the Extensions menu context, but looks like ‘smd_bio_admin_tab’ anywhere else.

I’m guessing those are not plugin-related, exactly, but maybe just some style thing somewhere.

• When in users list, I get a Undefined when hovering over names.
  • When clicking a given user to open the profile view (i.e. ‘Edit user’ view), I only see the following fields, display as written here:
    • login_name
    • real_name
    • Email
    • privileges

The panel header is also showing as ‘edit_user’. In fact most headers and labels in the User Manager context are showing like that.

The only major problem is that I don’t seem to have access to the bio profile fields to edit any information, even though it’s displaying on the front-side.

Btw, you have an account in this site. I could give you a shout via email if you want to look at it at leisure.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#102 2018-06-06 13:02:06

jakob
Website

Destry, just an off-chance idea: Can you look in your database manually (post-update) manually and see what it says in the table txp_prefs under the entry version.

I spent a long time trying to debug something similar today and it turned out I still had 4.5.7 in there after the upgrade to 4.7.1. Manually correcting that to 4.7.1 (or 4.7.0) resolved the wrong plugin strings immediately.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#103 2018-06-06 13:42:43

Destry
Website

I have ’4.7.0’.

But, I am surprised to find I have 53 tables in this database. I don’t know when that happened, but I must have double-loaded two different databases and didn’t realize it.

There seems to be a number of duplicate tables with a prefix ‘wd’, which is something I used many years ago. Then there’s a few obsolete plugin tables too, apparently.

EDIT:

Down to a respectable 24 tables now and nothing blew up. Will be 23 after I have shortcodes rolled in and smd_macro removed. Would be about 19 (the default number?) if I ever find an alternative display process for author profiles and remove the smd_user_man and smd_bio tables. No rush on that, though.

Anyway, problem still stands with accessing bio data in admin-side.

#104 2018-06-09 01:04:52

Destry
Website

I removed bios from the site, de-installed the plugins. I’m good. No help needed.

#105 2018-12-21 21:15:20

milosevic

I found a problem using smd_user_manager. As I previously reported at this thread, I can’t access to Admin > Languages when smd_user_manager is active. Don’t know what could be causing that behavior, probably is not the plugin it self, it must be a combination of circumstances but the fact is there, when I switch it of languages works like a charm.

<txp:rocks/>

#106 2019-01-30 15:59:43

blekknajt

Just installed a plugin, and for the title i have
smd_um_heading_usr
Same situation with buttons, menu etc.
Changed language to English (American) and for one moment I had “Users” in menu and “Change password” – but rest of the buttons was with placeholders – but now I can’t recreate even this.

Board footer