Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2018-11-04 09:19:26

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: Admin Search not working anymore since 4.7.0

The common factor here appears to be Hosteurope but quite what is the cause I don’t know. Admin search works fine for me – articles and comments – regardless of what search fields are used.

Would love to find out what’s causing this and, if it’s a server setting, what we can do about it in code to work around it if necessary.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#22 2018-11-04 11:23:57

etc
Developer
Website

uli wrote #314920:

Anything unusual?

I mean the response you get when you do a search. There should be only one POST to index.php in Network console. Click on it at look at the Response, though I don’t remember what you should see in 4.6.2.

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

#23 2018-11-05 13:58:14

uli

etc wrote #314948:

I mean the response you get when you do a search.

That was a search result, sorry :)

I can offer to you guys my own, currently not used homepage on Hosteurope as a testing ground for the set of problems described here. I’d hand you over all necessary keys to FTP/db and let you try. Would you like to?

EDIT: I’ve currently 4.6.2 installed, like the website that has the problems I’ve described above. The search terms on my client’s site are all like e.g. KW 48 - 2018, BTW, the titles of articles. Just the numbers changing from article to article.

Last edited by uli (2018-11-05 14:01:54)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#24 2018-11-05 17:14:46

Bloke
Developer
Website

To add some clarity to this, the searches Uli is talking about originate from the public site. Logged-in users tap a link that directs them to the Comments panel on the admin side and performs a “parent” search for the article squirted into the URL.

The problem is simply that the articles are being output with non-breaking space (hello, no-widow) and thus when clicked the nbsp is being converted to %c2%a0 in the URL. This means the search doesn’t work because the parent article is stored with regular spaces in the DB.

Swapping that character out (outputting the <title> tag with no_widow on the public site) makes this issue go away. Not a Hosteurope issue in this case.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#25 2018-11-05 17:19:01

uli

My offer is still valid, you can test 4.7.on my webspace.

Thanks again this way here, Stef!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#26 2018-11-05 20:34:59

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website

Okay, the error i have here is appearing in the backend in the search window of content->articles.

Browser console doesn’t show any post.php or so, simply nothing.
demoncleaner, did you update from a version pre 4.2.0 to 4.7.1?
Because definately what i forgot to do, when updating from 4.0.5 to 4.7.1 directly is going through 4.2.0 first.
Stef, i was told you know what kind of errors one could face, when mistakenly going this path?
And Uli, i think my unconventional update process includes too many possible variations to try your nice offer.

Otherwise similarities on this error upon searching in the backend include hosting by Hosteurope and php fucntion syslog disabled. JSON 1.6.0 is loading here, says phpini.php.
sms_where_used_0.30 works here instead.

Last edited by jayrope (2018-11-05 20:46:56)

a hole turned upside down is a dome, though only when there’s gravity.

#27 2018-11-05 22:20:34

jakob
Website

So, to clarify:

1. public-side searching is working?
  2. admin-side searching with smd_where_used is working?
  3. admin-side searching on the articles panel is not working? Or only with some search settings?

Have you tried to truly-absolutely-certainly clear your cache so that it’s not loading an old version of textpattern.js? I’ve found the most recent version of safari (if you’re using that) to be quite stubborn and using “Einstellungen › Datenschutz › Website Daten verwalten -> type your domain in the search box, then delete everything that shows in the list” to be absolutely effective where other methods failed. Maybe make double-sure with your browser of choice.

@stef, oleg: Another loose idea: might perhaps an incomplete update process (that perhaps happens often with this hosting configuration) have led to improper table indexes being left over?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#28 2018-11-05 22:40:33

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website

jakob wrote #314993:

So, to clarify:

1. public-side searching is working?
  2. admin-side searching with smd_where_used is working?
  3. admin-side searching on the articles panel is not working? Or only with some search settings?

It seems, that now i am sort of hijacking demoncleaner’s thread…
however, the website i updated has no public search, so i will have to set one up yet. Should I?

However, regarding 2. and 3.,
2. yes, is working, and
3. yes, not working at all. There isn’t even a result message.

I am certain that my cache has been emptied numerous times now as well :)

Last edited by jayrope (2018-11-05 22:41:55)

a hole turned upside down is a dome, though only when there’s gravity.

#29 2018-11-05 22:56:07

etc
Developer
Website

uli wrote #314983:

My offer is still valid, you can test 4.7.on my webspace.

I could tomorrow.

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

#30 2018-11-05 23:23:41

Bloke
Developer
Website

jayrope wrote #314994:

[article search] not working at all. There isn’t even a result message.

If there are no results you should get a message saying ‘No results’ in some language. If you’re not seeing that, it’s definitely something we need to look into.

But just to be absolutely sure, your search options are set to search all facets of the article – all checkboxes on, or at least one of them on? ‘Cos when you click through from other panels (such as the Sections panel to view articles) it turns most of the checkboxes off.

Board footer