Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2018-10-08 20:18:44

etc
Developer
Website

Re: Textpattern 4.5.7 -> 4.7.1 upgrade failed

mericson wrote #314478:

When you say you wouldn’t use it any later, does that mean the ‘zero dates’ are only temporary during upate? They aren’t in the database anymore after?

Zero dates were default in 4.5.7, the upgrade script tries to replace them with NULL. The problem is that in NO_ZERO_DATE mode every mention of zero dates, even to update them, yields an error. So the update query fails, unless we do it in IGNORE mode. In this case, once the update is done, there will be no more zero dates in the db. Since this script runs only on 4.5 -> 4.6+ update, eventual further errors will not be ignored.

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

#22 2018-10-09 04:54:38

colak
Admin
Website

mericson wrote #314479:

I will add, the larger issue I have with my site upgrade is now plugin compatibility with PHP 7.2. Many of the extensions I use don’t appear to be compatible, and they are mostly no longer under maintenance/development. Stef, I’m even getting complaints from PHP about smd_if! Apparently its use of a function as the same name as the class as a constructor has been deprecated.

Many of those plugins are possibly no longer needed. If you post the incompatible plugins and how you use them, there will most probably be a native tag to replace the code.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#23 2018-10-09 05:26:59

jakob
Website

mericson wrote #314479:

I will add, the larger issue I have with my site upgrade is now plugin compatibility with PHP 7.2. Many of the extensions I use don’t appear to be compatible, and they are mostly no longer under maintenance/development. Stef, I’m even getting complaints from PHP about smd_if! Apparently its use of a function as the same name as the class as a constructor has been deprecated.

Yes, colak’s right. If you let us know which ones (the diagnosis tab provides a nice list of plugins and versions) we can see if there are workarounds, replacements or updates. A lot just need registering with the tag registry (i.e. they are permitted txp:tag names) – smd_if is one of them. That ‘function as the same name as the class as a constructor has been deprecated’ is common in association with php 7 and older code but also often straightforward to remedy (see the smd_xml thread for an example), though I can’t immediately see why smd_if should be the culprit there.

Best to post that all in a new thread.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer