Re: Themes exploring

Ya. Thanks.

Fewer humans and more trees.

#22 2018-02-27 12:43:10

Bloke
Developer
Website

For reference, first pass at a pophelp entry on the Themes panel. Amendments welcome.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#23 2018-04-17 06:11:39

Destry
Website

I’ve been gradually getting my head around themes, and there’s still more to explore with respect to importing/exporting, which I may never really need to do, in fact.

But I do see now how genius the design of themes is Bloke, and how, for someone like me who changes their mind all the time about site design, and often wants to start over fresh to keep design versions, rather than change existing templates, this is huge. And the simple context switching to see the front-side… I don’t know why I had trouble with grasping that at first, but now that I do, I love it.

Anyway, I just want to say, in case you had any doubts about it, good show, man. It’s sweet work.

Fewer humans and more trees.

#24 2018-04-17 08:24:21

Bloke
Developer
Website

Destry wrote #311087:

But I do see now how genius the design of themes is

Aww shucks, thanks :-)

the simple context switching to see the front-side… I don’t know why I had trouble with grasping that at first, but now that I do, I love it.

Cool. The thing is, if you didn’t grasp it at first then we need to find out what we can do to help other people over the hump quicker. Whether that’s documentation, UI hints or something else, we’re always open to ideas on how to make it more transparent and easier to pick up. To paraphrase one of my fave quotes: we should help people to hit the ground running, not hit the ground.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer