Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-04-06 16:08:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.7.0 beta 3 released

Please provide any feedback here related to Textpattern 4.7.0 beta 3 released.

We appreciate all feedback. Please check this opening post and the Issue queue before raising a problem. We will endeavour to list all fixes that have been applied below, but sometimes it’s not possible to capture everything in a timely fashion. Thanks.

Changes since second beta

Admin-side changes

• Fix syntax errors on PHP <5.6 (thanks, makss).
  • Included new translations – thank you to all translators who work tirelessly to keep up with our code changes.
  • Staff Writer/Freelancer/Designer saving as Live/Sticky gives better notification feedback (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Sub-Copy Editor-level users can now modify an article immediately after initial save (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Categories: can no longer reassign the parent of a child element to its children! Avoids infinite tree loops.
  • Fixes and UX improvements for lower privilege level users.
  • Margin tweaks for UI elements across devices.
  • Checkbox and radio button visual tweaks.
  • Make ‘new’ links consistent throughout the interface.
  • Only show ‘new’ links when on saved Pages, Forms and Styles (thanks, Adi).
  • More consistent URL title when duplicating articles.
  • Fix Save/Publish button interaction when changing status.
  • Hide list options for empty tables.
  • Improve panel layout across all privilege levels (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Tag builder link only appears for authors with sufficient privileges.
  • Permit all users to edit per-user prefs.
  • Add debug info to article preview step.
  • Only show article preview option if privileged.
  • Move more panels to Ajax saves.
  • Add pagination and search to Plugins panel.
  • Fix pagination message when searching boolean values.
  • Make search impossible if no fields are chosen.
  • Add Textpack preview and tidied plugin preview step.
  • Fix installation of language textpacks from plugins (thanks, Adi and jools-r).
  • Only show truly active plugins in Diagnostics, and strikethrough plugin status if prefs indicate certain types are inactive (thanks, Uli).
  • Alter working theme when saving section asset assignments (thanks, ruud).

Public-side changes

• Permit direct manipulation of $textarray as an interim fallback for legacy plugins.
  • Permit custom field content to be omitted in <txp:article_custom> based on the exclude attribute.
  • Add <+> syntax for prepend/append in wraptag attribute.
  • <txp:yield> fixes to permit unset attributes.
  • <txp:output_form> uses yield by default.
  • Fix Textile use-string-as-array bug (thanks, Pat64).
  • Parser performance tweaks.

Developer changes

• Add sync param to theme callbacks.
  • Use correct txp. prefix for API calls, instead of api..

Last edited by Bloke (2018-05-09 20:59:56)

#2 2018-04-06 18:48:16

jakob
Website

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.7.0 beta 3 released

And we appreciate all your tireless hard work and willingness to accommodate further wishes, even at this late stage! Thank you!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2018-04-06 19:09:38

gaekwad

Over 2,500 commits since 4.6.2 – amazing!

#4 2018-04-07 08:12:55

colak
Admin
Website

Issue with one string posted on github.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#5 2018-04-07 14:26:54

michaelkpate
Website

I just had an interesting experience with patetech.info. I noticed while upgrading to beta3 that the site was still on PHP5.6. So I went to the Dreamhost Panel and switched it to 7.2. And saw this.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function eregi() in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code:8055 Stack trace: #0 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code(8074): detectBot('Mozilla/5.0 (Wi...', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL) #1 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23): eval() #2 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18): eval() #3 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/config.php(5) : eval()'d code(2): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #4 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/config.php(5): eval() #5 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/index.php(84): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code on line 8055

I thought maybe 7.2 was too bleeding edge so I switched it to 7.0. Same thing.

So I switched back to 5.6 and it is working again.

I was planning on complete redoing the site when 7.3 was released, anyway, so no big deal but I did find it odd.

Edit: I figured it out. It was a very old file from 2012 that seemed to be an related to an attempted Wordpress Hack. I deleted the entire folder and did the upgrade again.

And now have this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code:985 Stack trace: #0 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code(30): tru_tags_load_prefs() #1 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826): eval() #2 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/publish.php(196): load_plugins() #3 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/index.php(107): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code on line 985

So here we go again.

Second Edit: I deleted tru_tags (which was active but not being used) and did the upgrade again. It works now.

#6 2018-04-07 19:51:03

jakob
Website

michaelkpate wrote #310736:

I just had an interesting experience with patetech.info … I deleted tru_tags (which was active but not being used) and did the upgrade again. It works now.

Glad you got it working. The first one is a file that’s not in the Textpattern distro (probably that hack you mentioned!). The second one must be tru_tags as mysql_query() doesn’t exist in txplib_misc.txp. That problem was patched in tru_tags a while back and there have been more patches since. Whil truist hasn’t been active here much, he has been accepting and processing pull requests: the most recent version should be here.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2018-04-10 17:30:16

colak
Admin
Website

As I just finished the Greek translation, I am wondering if we could have a link in the languages pane directed to a particular sticky thread here where people could recommend better translations. I am by no means a translator and I am deeply sceptical regarding the quality of the work I have done. I think that it will be understandable by the average users but seasoned Greek developers will probably find lots of room for improvement.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#8 2018-04-10 18:53:52

philwareham
Core designer
Website

I’ve been thinking this for a while: some short paragraph on languages panel with a link to languages page on Textpattern.com. Inviting translations and improvements.

Possible?

#9 2018-04-10 22:44:36

Bloke
Developer
Website

philwareham wrote #310853:

I’ve been thinking this for a while: some short paragraph on languages panel with a link to languages page on Textpattern.com. Inviting translations and improvements.

How about a pophelp alongside the Languages heading? Minimal disruption: no need for new strings besides the pophelp text itself, and one line of code change.

Last edited by Bloke (2018-04-10 22:47:05)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#10 2018-04-11 03:55:49

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Dunno. I think it needs to be more apparent, rather than buried in a pophelp. Opinions?

Board footer