Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2017-09-07 15:18:37

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: Display Textpattern error messages in browser console

Yeah, maybe that’s how I did it.

Anyhow, not important. Parsing the Page/Form on save is a great idea. Just got to figure out how best to indicate if there’s a parse error. Does it make sense to use the existing message area, with green if everything’s okay, amber if it saved okay but there was a parse error, and red if there was a form error (like no type or duplicate form name or something)? I don’t think we use WARN for anything else on these panels do we?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#12 2017-09-07 15:31:25

etc
Developer
Website

Re: Display Textpattern error messages in browser console

Bloke wrote #306902:

Does it make sense to use the existing message area, with green if everything’s okay, amber if it saved okay but there was a parse error, and red if there was a form error (like no type or duplicate form name or something)? I don’t think we use WARN for anything else on these panels do we?

Yes, I think, a warning would suffice, since we can not catch processing errors (like invalid attributes) on the admin side, and txp syntax errors are currently only logged, but not displayed. The parser tries to correct them anyway, so they are not critical.

And we still don’t know what to do with public-side errors.

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

Board footer