Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2017-04-21 18:17:33

etc
Developer
Website

Re: Shortcodes (as seen in rah_beacon)

Ok, let have both. Also, should <txp:output_form form="some_form" wraptag="p" /> consider wraptag as global attribute, or as <txp:yield name="wraptag" /> (current case)?

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

#22 2017-05-03 11:48:29

Bloke
Developer
Website

etc wrote #305445:

Ok, let have both.

I love this feature. After reviewing a tonne of off-the-shelf software out there for delivering topic-based documentation, I’ve tentatively started using (a plugin-customised) Txp for it instead, and this feature is fabulous for parameterizing reusable Forms.

should <txp:output_form form="some_form" wraptag="p" /> consider wraptag as global attribute, or as <txp:yield name="wraptag" /> (current case)?

Whichever offers the user the fewest surprises. I would be tempted to say that it should wrap the entire content, in the same way that any other wraptag/class combo does in Txp. If someone wants a different wraptag for the yield, they should add the attribute to that tag. Unless I’ve missed some subtle nuance here.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#23 2017-05-04 09:25:23

etc
Developer
Website

Bloke wrote #305587:

I would be tempted to say that it should wrap the entire content, in the same way that any other wraptag/class combo does in Txp. If someone wants a different wraptag for the yield, they should add the attribute to that tag. Unless I’ve missed some subtle nuance here.

No, it’s only semantics. A yield called class looks more natural than my_class.

Edit: also, global attributes set being plugin-extensible, a form yield attribute can inadvertently become global.

#24 2017-05-04 09:59:37

Bloke
Developer
Website

etc wrote #305616:

A yield called class looks more natural than my_class.

Ah yes, allowing arbitrary attributes for the output_form tag opens the possiblity of clashes with global attributes. Hadn’t thought of that. Hmmm…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#25 2017-06-20 08:03:42

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

@etc

Oleg, now that you have fully enabled short-tags, one-and-half Q’s …

1/ Is it expected that the form name can’t contain hyphens? I was testing this out today. The following works fine:

<txp:output_form form="xyz-image" id="xx" />

but the equivalent fails (silently):

<txp::xyz-image id="xx" />

rename the form to xyz_image works.

2/ In your checkin, I see you added a reset attribute to the @<txp:yield /> tag, if I understand the code correctly. Can you explain the usage? (like philwareham upthread, I had so far not much understanding of that tag, I need to add).

#26 2017-06-20 08:43:39

etc
Developer
Website

phiw13 wrote #306044:

@etc

Oleg, now that you have fully enabled short-tags, one-and-half Q’s …

This half-ready commit is a bit forced, I was not able to sync with dev otherwise. The work continues, so don’t yet rely on it too much.

1/ Is it expected that the form name can’t contain hyphens? I was testing this out today. The following works fine:

<txp:output_form form="xyz-image" id="xx" />...

but the equivalent fails (silently):

<txp::xyz-image id="xx" />...

rename the form to xyz_image works.

Historically (before 4.6), <txp:abc_tag /> was internally transformed into abc_tag() function call. Since abc-tag is not a valid function name, hyphens were forbidden. Now we can allow them, but it would require more discipline re tag registration. Not sure about it…

2/ In your checkin, I see you added a reset attribute to the @<txp:yield /> tag, if I understand the code correctly. Can you explain the usage? (like philwareham upthread, I had so far not much understanding of that tag, I need to add).

It’s still in work, it seemed useful to me, but now I don’t remember how :-)

Edit: and many thanks for testing, btw!

#27 2017-06-20 09:08:03

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

etc wrote #306045:

This half-ready commit is a bit forced, I was not able to sync with dev otherwise. The work continues, so don’t yet rely on it too much.

Right, just playing with it on the local server , exploring possibilities. Sure it offers possibilities to optimise my forms used to insert images, etc in the body of an article.

Historically (before 4.6), <txp:abc_tag /> was internally transformed into abc_tag() function call. Since abc-tag is not a valid function name, hyphens were forbidden. Now we can allow them, but it would require more discipline re tag registration. Not sure about it…

Oh, now that you mention it, I remember that limitation. I’m fine with it; probably just need documenting when those short-tags are finalised.

It’s still in work, it seemed useful to me, but now I don’t remember how :-)

Edit: and many thanks for testing, btw!

:-)

Board footer