Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2017-03-18 16:50:44

uli

Re: newbie issues (?) - what is wrong with my forms?

For the MLP issue you best ask in that topic.

The blog page might need some CSS love, like

.entry {
    padding-bottom: 0.5em;
    }

… cause the links there “adhere” to each other. Possibly caused when changing proprietary plugin code (with class) to TXP core tags (without).

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#32 2017-03-18 21:23:59

Bloke
Developer
Website

sgw wrote #304884:

l10n: Content-Renditions still leads to a white page here …

Take your site out of Debugging / Testing mode and all will be fine. I think it’s an issue with the way MLP interacts with the new trace functionality that kills it. Haven’t found a fix yet.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#33 2017-03-20 08:45:11

sgw

Bloke wrote #304894:

Take your site out of Debugging / Testing mode and all will be fine. I think it’s an issue with the way MLP interacts with the new trace functionality that kills it. Haven’t found a fix yet.

yes, that helps, thanks.

#34 2017-03-20 09:07:02

sgw

uli wrote #304885:

For the separated contents issue: You’ll need something like this in your form “links”:

<txp:if_different>...

tried that without success.

pls advise, this is the content of the “Links” form (big L):

<li>
<txp:link rel="external" />
</li>

#35 2017-03-20 14:09:15

uli

Have a look at if_different’s page in the tag documentation (please bookmark), especially example 2. Note that a) if_different can only take 1 TXP tag inside its container to work. b) the linklist tag needs a “sort” parameter that corresponds to the tag used inside if_different, i.e. if you want the result sorted by e.g. category, with category name separators, the linklist tag’s “sort” attribute must contain “category” and the if_different tag must contain the link_category tag.
Edit: Put the result of your considerations at the top of your L/links form.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#36 2017-03-20 16:15:15

Bloke
Developer
Website

uli wrote #304939:

Note that a) if_different can only take 1 TXP tag inside its container to work.

That’s not strictly true. You can put whatever you want inside it — even many Txp tags — and if_different will only trigger if something inside its container differs from the last iteration. But you are correct insofar as the results might be a little unpredictable if you’re not careful, so for most cases one tag is plenty enough to avoid brain hurt!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#37 2017-03-20 17:38:19

sgw

well, thanks for the pointers, didn’t get that working yet. And yes, brain hurts!! ;-)
I will give that another try some times maybe. For now the site works well enough IMO.
Got to get to updating content as well.

Board footer