Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2016-10-23 10:45:40

colak
Admin
Website

Re: [SOLVED] get the value of a custom field in a variable

I’ll investigate it further. It’s strange that the validator does not show an error.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#22 2016-10-23 12:28:52

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

jakob wrote #302412:

BTW: Yiannis, I don’t think you can (or should) use rel="canonical" on anchor links. It belongs in the page head in the format as an instruction that says “this is this page’s url, regardless of how you got here”:

Per spec (and the extension in the microformat text), rel="canonical" is indeed allowed the <a> and <area> elements. Text here (WHATWG text) — read the last paragraph there, quoted below, and here (Microformats).

Types defined as extensions in the microformats wiki existing-rel-values page with the status “proposed” or “ratified” may be used with the rel attribute on link, a, and area elements in accordance to the “Effect on…” field.

I’m not convinced it is a good idea to do that, though.

#23 2016-10-23 14:21:00

jakob
Website

phiw13 wrote #302415:

Per spec (and the extension in the microformat text), rel="canonical" is indeed allowed the <a> and <area> elements. Text here (WHATWG text) — read the last paragraph there, quoted below, and here (Microformats).

Oh well, if I got it wrong, I apologise. I can see that that quote applies to rel tags in general, and then refers to the table. But is that entry in the table right? It conflicts with pretty much all other information on canonical urls.

EDIT: It looks like the table was updated by Jeremy Keith (adactio) (diff) from not allowed to hyperlink, and he is someone who knows what he is doing.

So, if you do use it on an a link, presumably it is overridden if the destination page has its own canonical url defined?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#24 2016-10-23 14:32:35

colak
Admin
Website

Well… l deleted the rel=canonical anyway as most of the info I found also made me to jumb in the same conclusion as Julian.

An off topic question. Can we have <a rel="author external" href=".... According to many pages I read, we can, but what happens if the author has no online presence? Can we have <span rel="author">...?

> Edited to add. Or could the second one be <span itemprop="author">..

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#25 2016-10-23 16:13:19

etc
Developer
Website

colak wrote #302410:

I’m still trying to understand it though….

jakob wrote #302412:

I’d love to see the explanation of that too.

I have tried to explain it in details here, please comment if something is not clear. Thanks for your interest!

etc_[ query | search | pagination | date | tree | cache ]

Board footer