Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-09-16 22:52:26

giz
Website

Artedomus Website

Easily the largest and most complex website I’ve developed, http://artedomus.com went live on Monday; it targets Australian architects and designers with a selection of building materials and products.

Full of challenges (one being translating the requirements a graphic designer, something I haven’t done in ages :), development of the system started at the beginning of the year (thanks Bloke for your invaluable advice), with my partner plugging away at the data entry of some 500 products, 2,500 photos and 650+ files.

The website has two faces:

1. the public facing website
  2. a product information repository for Artedomus staff – this is effectively the public website, but with more information available for those with the correct privileges.

Staff login to TXP, with the majority having no admin privileges other than being able to change their password. They interact with the site via the comment system. Needless to say, Ruud’s <txp:rvm_if_privileged /> plugin gets a serious work-out throughout the code.

The site runs Textpattern 4.5.7 – I’ll have a go at upgrading to 4.6 once all the various plugins have caught up :)

• abl_droploader
  • adi_gps
  • adi_matrix
  • adi_webhook
  • aks_cache
  • aks_header
  • bot_admin_body_class
  • bot_file_upload
  • bot_image_upload
  • bot_write_tab_customize
  • chs_cookie
  • etc_ping
  • etc_query
  • glz_custom_fields
  • mem_form
  • mem_self_register
  • mem_simple_form
  • oui_instagram
  • oui_video
  • rah_flat
  • rah_metas
  • rah_repeat
  • rah_replace
  • rss_admin_db_manager
  • rvm_privileged
  • smd_faux_role
  • smd_tags
  • smd_user_manager
  • tom_image_grid
  • upm_savenew
  • upm_textile
  • wet_babble
  • wet_haystack
  • wet_if_status
  • zem_contact_reborn

Even though the varied product display and categorisation requirements gave my TXP knowledge a serious work-out, by far the most difficult was stringing together the various plugins and custom php for the registration system (visitors can register for access to technical file downloads).

No 1 in my website development wish list is a single TXP plugin (or tutorial) that handles user self registration, in all its gory variants and gotchas. I’d pay for that!

#2 2016-09-17 07:31:35

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Re: Artedomus Website

Love it! Another beautiful site by you.

#3 2016-09-17 13:53:23

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Light and elegant; well done @giz!

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#4 2016-09-17 19:12:23

giz
Website

Thank you!

#5 2016-09-17 20:24:35

bici
Website

very impressive elegant website. And you have one large basket load of Plugins. That is a lot! Hope the move to 4.6 goes smooth;y!

…. texted postive

#6 2016-09-21 08:02:52

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Hi… there is an error..

<pre>Tag error: <b></b> -> <b> Textpattern Notice: Page template <strong>inspiration</strong> does not contain a <code>txp:article</code> tag. while parsing form <strong>None</strong> on page <strong>inspiration</strong></b></pre>

Good job!

Board footer