Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#71 2015-07-20 18:50:45

maverick
Website

Re: Domains

candyman wrote #293547:

The only advantage we could have is the creation of a Foundation.

I believe a foundation offers multiple potential advantages to the project.

#72 2015-07-20 19:31:16

colak
Admin
Website

maverick wrote #293554:

I believe a foundation offers multiple potential advantages to the project.

as dean often said:

+1

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github

#73 2015-07-20 19:43:52

bici
Website

philwareham wrote #293550:

The set up of a Foundation would be a fine thing indeed. The question still comes back to Dean though as he holds the domain keys – we have made another attempt to contact him.

I think that is the BEST outcome for all, including Dean. Hopefully he will agree.

…. texted postive

#74 2015-07-21 05:41:00

wet
Developer
Website

zero wrote #293484:

It’s just copying textpattern.com across, changing textpattern to txp wherever it is needed

See exhibits 1…145

Please send pull request if you honestly promote a change of domains.

#75 2015-07-21 13:32:57

colak
Admin
Website

wet wrote #293568:

See exhibits 1…145

Please send pull request if you honestly promote a change of domains.

Hi Robert, all

I don’t think that anyone of us actually want a change of domains but we feel that there should be a plan B should Dean decide not to transfer the domains or worse, if he loses them.

I think that the suggestion of the foundation is indeed a good one but if this entails what is needed in Cyprus to register a non profit foundation like this I do not think that it will be possible. It is nevertheless a good idea and I am wondering if anyone knows enough (or even the basics) of how a foundation could be established with software as its basic and only asset.

Yiannis
——————————

#76 2015-07-21 13:37:55

jstubbs
Website

Plan A should mean the continuity of Textpattern. If that involves relying on Dean Allen, then its a plan that will inevitably fail. If exhibits 1-145 need changing, thats a small price to pay for the continuity of the project.

#77 2015-07-21 13:40:33

wet
Developer
Website

Another thought: In Austria there’s a construct called “Verein” (association) which can act as a legal entity. The requirements to found one are low enough to be fulfillable by beekeepers, stamp collectors, folk dance groups, and other amateur assemblies.

#78 2015-07-21 13:49:10

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Ghost CMS is run as a Non-Profit Organisation in the UK, so it is possible. I have meeting with my company’s accountant tomorrow actually so I could mention it to her and get some feedback on the process/pitfalls involved.

In the meantime here is a bit of background info for UK set ups.

That is UK though. I don’t even know where would be the best place to situate a Foundation (although as I say, it works for Ghost).

#79 2015-07-21 14:37:50

colak
Admin
Website

NeMe is registered as a non-profit association in Cyprus (very similar to Kunstvereins in Austria and Germany) and I can tell you what it entails here.

• A constitution drafted by the members with the help of a lawyer
  • One off lawyer’s fees for the constitution and the registration process (or as needed there of)
  • Annual audited accounts (auditor’s fees are needed for those) – I have to find out if this is needed if the association is not managing any money.
  • A “head office” address (it has to be in Cy i think but I can find out more about this if anyone wants)
  • A committee with President/director, vice president, secretary, assistant secretary, treasurer (even if there is no money involved), and 2 members
  • Registration with the VAT.
  • It needs to have a minimum of 20 members at any time.
  • annual meetings (they could happen via online connections).
  • keeping of minutes and submission of those to the government registry office
  • Language of the association could be that which is decided by the constitution which is approved by the registrar when the association is registered.
  • Committee elections at intervals drafted on the constitution.

I hope I did not forget anything but even if I did I think it would be minor.

Yiannis
——————————

#80 2015-07-21 14:42:11

colak
Admin
Website

philwareham wrote #293586:

That is UK though. I don’t even know where would be the best place to situate a Foundation (although as I say, it works for Ghost).

I guess we should check the legal and fiscal responsibilities in each country and move on from there.

As all devs are currently from Europe, I think that it should be in a European country but I’m always open to better suggestions.

Yiannis
——————————

Board footer