Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#81 2010-03-23 11:45:08

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

Zanza wrote:

For some reasons the tag added to images aren’t saved.

D’oh! A few things happened here:

1. jQuery deprecated the ‘@’ syntax and I forgot to update the plugin
  2. An assumption on my part meant textareas didn’t get the current tags displayed
  3. I’m stupid

I fixed all of the above… well, ok, just the first two.

In addition:

• Consolidated smd_tags_admin and smd_tags_client into one huuuuuuuge smd_tags plugin (now we have a larger code column in 4.2.0), hence the plugin now requires TXP 4.2.0 or higher. If you want full image tagging support you’ll need the latest SVN. Upgrading: just delete the existing two plugins and install/activate this one: all your tags and settings will remain, but please backup first :-)
  • Added plugin lifecycle and prefs events so the tables are installed automatically, and the prefs are removed if you delete the plugin (the tables will remain, however — you’ll have to delete those manually for safety reasons)
  • Fixed the table prefix thing in smd_related_tags (thanks MattD and whoever flagged it to me originally via e-mail)
  • Fixed a stupid HTML entity error in TagList mode

There are a few more things to go yet when I get some time to work on it, this is just a quick bugfix version. Grab it from the beta download page.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-23 11:45:47)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#82 2010-03-23 15:14:53

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, Bloke, for your fast feedback. I’ll try the new beta asap. Just another question, before.

What I’m trying to accomplish, is to display related images using tags, without using articles. At the moment, with the old plugin, I’m not able to achieve this. Is this doable with the plugin?

I’d like to put in the page template a tag for displaying image (it could be image tag, or, possibly, a image_display tag, maybe my own plugin bos_image_display tag). And then, using your smd_related_tag to display thumbnails for related images based on tags.

Actually, I can’t get it. It seems that with image_display the tags aren’t considered at all, I can’t even list them. Is there any way to do that? Is it understable?

Thank you again!

#83 2010-03-23 15:48:14

Bloke
Developer
Website

Zanza wrote:

What I’m trying to accomplish, is to display related images using tags, without using articles…. Is this doable with the plugin?

Ooooohhh yes! The problem you have found is that <txp:image_display /> and <txp:image_index /> aren’t fully aware of image context. But the new <txp:image_list> tag is; it’s a bit like <txp:article_custom /> for images.

So grab yourself the latest SVN copy of Textpattern and try this:

<!-- can use a list of IDs, or the category attribute of course-->
<txp:image_list id="5">
   <!-- Display the full size image -->
   <txp:image />
   <txp:smd_related_tags wraptag="ul" break="li" label="Related:">
      <!-- Display the thumbnail of all images that match the current image's tags -->
      <txp:thumbnail />
   </txp:smd_related_tags>
</txp:image_list>

We’re only using one image here (id=“5”). If your image_list contains more than one image you’ll get a <ul> of related images under each main picture. How’s that?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#84 2010-03-24 01:08:49

masa

Bloke wrote:

3. I’m stupid

= understatement of the century.

Thanks Stef for this plugin, which I hadn’t looked at closely yet; I now realise its potential reading Zanza’s post and your reply.

Last edited by masa (2010-03-24 01:10:51)

#85 2010-04-08 00:40:01

goncalo.dumas
Website

Hello!

Indeed, great big plugin!

Just a quick question: is the parent attribute in the smd_tag_list tag still kaput?

#86 2010-04-10 22:41:31

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stef,

I would like to publish a bilingual website (english/french).
In smd_tags, is it possible to translate tags with MLP plugin or in an other way ?

Thanks for your work

Nicolas

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#87 2010-04-13 11:07:07

Bloke
Developer
Website

Here’s a maintenance release that fixes some loooooong overdue bugs and adds a few featurettes:

• Fixed parent attribute in smd_tag_list (thanks woof, and it answers this)
  • Enhanced sublevel attribute so it’s more intelligent regarding the current level and also enabled rudimentary comparisons e.g. sublevel=">1" only shows levels 2,3,4, etc. Also allowed sublevel="all" which automatically includes the chosen parent
  • Fixed smd_if_tag so it correctly compares empty strings (thanks johnstephens, sorry it took so long)
  • Fixed admin side bugs when privs less than Managing Editor (thanks smd_faux_role ;-)
  • Fixed slow response when saving tags
  • Fixed tag category list when no cat(s) selected
  • Tidied Tag Manager layout (labels and borders are more consistent)
  • Added pad_str and pad_pos to smd_tag_name
  • Warning messages now blink

Grab the latest beta v0.31 and see how it flies.

EDIT: Damn, this thing’s been in beta longer than most of Google’s code and that’s saying something…

NicolasGraph

As far as I’m aware, tag translation is not currently possible. A workaround might be to maintain two tag lists — one for each language — under a tag with the same name as the language itself (e.g. en-gb and fr-fr). With some cleverness (and perhaps linking the tags to a category?) you may be able to only show one set of tags depending on which current language is set. I’ve never tried it so I don’t know how far you’ll get, but it might be worth a shot. If I can help in this regard in the next version of the plugin, I will do what I can.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-04-13 11:23:17)

#88 2010-04-13 11:36:24

woof

Nice one – thanks Bloke!

#89 2010-04-13 14:37:20

merz1
Website

@Bloke What about grabbing the keywords from the TXP keyword field?
Or as a workaround a smart MySQL order for dbadmin?

Edit: Compliments – Just installed it out of curiosity and read the help. Man, what a beast :)

Last edited by merz1 (2010-04-13 15:00:24)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#90 2010-04-13 15:32:08

Bloke
Developer
Website

merz1 wrote:

@Bloke What about grabbing the keywords from the TXP keyword field?

You mean, to automatically configure them as article tags in smd_tags?

For reference, from the OP… “Todo: Import article tags from tru_tags and rss_unlimited_categories”

If I wrote that importer, would that cover it?

Or as a workaround a smart MySQL order for dbadmin?

Not sure what you mean here. What should smd_tags be doing (apart from the stuff I know I haven’t written yet, as listed in the OP!)

Compliments – Just installed it out of curiosity and read the help. Man, what a beast :)

Thanks. It’s quite a labour of love/hate this one. It was a pretty much a solid 6 months dev time initially (well, in my spare time at least) then I got disillusioned with it. But with what I’ve learnt recently it’s starting to come together again. Still a way to go yet before I’m truly happy with it. The thing I’m most pleased with is smd_related_tags; it was an absolute pig to write and debug, but it’s insanely flexible once you get your head round it. The hardest part was automatically figuring out the current TXP / tag context and creating the queries based on that info.

The next major things to accomplish are the autotag dumbdown and the multiple URL filters (site.com/tags/article/tag1+tag2+tag3+... to give you a list of articles that contain ALL those tags. At the moment I think it only does OR (tag1|tag2|tag3). Then I need to invent some way of getting those tags up there when you click on them without losing the ones you’re filtering by already…(!)

Pagination should be fairly easy, since I’ve done it in smd_xml and smd_query so with luck it’s a copy, paste ‘n’ tweak job. But there are a few additional complexities with this plugin that’ll probably bite me. Finally there’s the tag cloud which is ‘easy’… when I get motivated to sit down and figure out the best way to implement it. Once that lot’s done I’ll call it an official plugin I think. And about time too.

Board footer