Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#441 2008-06-05 04:55:48

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

All – I am very quietly announcing the undocumented release of tru_tags v3.2. I’ve finished and tested the code but I won’t have a chance to get the documentation updated for about two weeks, so I’m putting it out there now for anyone who wants to try it :)

This release was inspired by my trying to give Markus the feature he asked for (and I did!) and then I got carried away…

Features:

• For Markus: tru_tags_if_tag_search now accepts a “tag” parameter that lets you ask “am I searching for tax XYZ?”. That should do what you want.
  • For everyone: it is now possible to make a tag-based “archives” page. It needs serious documentation, but I’ll give you the short version here:
    • It follows the basic model of the FAQ entry (you’ll need a new section, a new form, and possibly a new page)
    • The new section needs to make a call to “tru_tags_archive”. (You’ll need a new page, or an “if_section” in an existing page, to do this.) This function takes all the standard tru_tags_cloud attributes (although some will be irrelevant). You will almost certainly want to set the “listform” attribute to the name of your new form.
    • In the new form, use the “if_different” tag as shown in the FAQ, but inside that tag you’ll want to use “tru_tags_current_archive_tag” to create the tag heading. By default, tru_tags_current_archive_tag will just return the tag name, but it also accepts an attribute (“link”) that if set to “1” will tell it to return a complete URL for that tag.
    • Check your page titles – you may need to handle this new section differently. (Do whatever you did for the “tag” section.)
    • You can see an example at http://www.rainskit.com/archive/
  • For Els: tru_tags_tag_parameter now takes a new value for the “striphyphens” attribute. If you specify “lookup” (txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter striphyphens=“lookup”), tru_tags will look up the actual tag used in the articles and return it. That will preserve whatever dashes or spaces you used. (This resolves an old feature request.)

Notes:

• I’ve been telling people for a long time that they can use the “searchform” attribute for tru_tags_handler to specify the form that will be used for the results. Somewhere along the way, the Textpattern code changed so this won’t work any more. Instead, you’ll need to use the “listform” attribute. In this release, though, I made tru_tags check to see if you specified “searchform” and if so, it switches it to “listform” (if that isn’t already specified), so it should fix any currently-broken sites.
  • I deprecated the tru_tags_search_parameter function, now that txp:search_term exists. My function still works, but it will generate a warning (if you aren’t set to ‘production’ mode).
  • I’ve figured out how to fix the problems with article list limits and the older/newer links, for tru_tags searches. (I haven’t implemented the fix yet, though!) I think something changed in the Textpattern code, because I noticed an obvious way to do it that I’m pretty sure wasn’t there before. So that feature is now at the top of my list for the next release of tru_tags.
  • I added a few links to reference materials on the admin/extensions/tru_tags tab, and a paypal link :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 05:22:57)

#442 2008-06-05 15:36:47

merz1
Website

“For Markus:” Ouch, blushing red as bold as you you formatted it ;) Thanks a lot Nathan!!! And Yes, it works.

> I won’t have a chance to get the documentation updated for about two weeks

I have put it on alarm for June 20th.

> striphyphens=“lookup”

Nice detail for the Dutch among us (It’s soccer time in Europe again :).

> older/newer links, for tru_tags searches

Great! I am waiting for that.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#443 2008-06-05 16:08:52

Els
Admin

truist wrote:

For Els: tru_tags_tag_parameter now takes a new value for the “striphyphens” attribute. If you specify “lookup” (txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter striphyphens=“lookup”), tru_tags will look up the actual tag used in the articles and return it. That will preserve whatever dashes or spaces you used.

Oooh, you remembered! Many many thanks! :)

#444 2008-06-05 16:27:04

WebKat

This is awesome. Can you give an example of the form you used on your archive?

WebKat

#445 2008-06-05 17:27:11

truist
Plugin Author
Website

The form I used:

<txp:if_different>
 <h2 class="archive"><txp:tru_tags_current_archive_tag link="1" /></h2>
</txp:if_different>
<div class="archive">
  <h3><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h3>
  <h4>~ <txp:posted format="%b %Y" /></h4>
</div>

#446 2008-06-05 22:13:23

merz1
Website

Oops, using <txp:if_section name="section"> in the form tru_tags_feed_tags seems not to work.
Only the <txp:else /> condition is shown in the feed.

Can somebody confirm or deny the issue?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#447 2008-06-06 12:49:40

merz1
Website

Maintenance: Deleting or renaming del.icio.us does not work

If I remember right dots are not allowed in keywords?
Well, I started to use asv_tumblelog to import my del.icio.us bookmarks as articles (works nice btw) and set del.icio.us as keyword which returns a 404 for tag/del.icio.us.

Edit: Somehow the keywords were separated by ‘, ‘ (double spaces!) which caused the problem. Using ‘ del.icio.us’ (single space) works perfectly well. The problem seems to be that asv_tumblelog is somehow generating the double spaces. This also seems to be the reason why the deletion and renaming did not work.

• Trying to delete del.icio.us as keyword in the tru_tags extension resulted in “Updated 0 rows (“del.icio.us”=>”“)”
  • Trying to rename resulted in:

Updated 0 rows (“del.icio.us”=>“delicious”)
Redirect added (“del.icio.us”=>“delicious”) – please test it!

tag/delicious/ is also not working and gives a 404.

What can I do?

Feature request: Clean multiple spaces to a proper ‘one space’ in maintenance mode?

Last edited by merz1 (2008-06-06 14:03:19)

#448 2008-06-06 15:57:11

eas442

SOLVED: I just specified a searchform attribute and it seems to be working fine… <code><txp:tru_tags_handler searchform=“search_results” /></code>

——————————————————————-

First off. Awesome plugin love it.

I am having a small (i think) issue and after scouring this thread, the forum in general and the documentation I am at a loss.

tru_tags seems to be working great, tag cloud is appearing – but when I click on a keyword in the cloud I get a 404. The noarticles attribute is working fine – so I know that the plugin is working.

Clean URLs seem to be set up fine, but I messed around with .htaccess to no avail.
I also tried sequentially turning off/on any plugins to see if I had any conflicts – no luck there.

Tried updating to tru_tags 3.2 in the off chance that might help – still the same issue.

I am running txp 4.0.5 right now – and this site is supposed to launch very soon. I am a little wary of switching so close to launch, but if that is most likely the issue- I have no problem doing that.

Here are some more details –
Running on Apache (No IIS craziness thank you)

Plugins Running:
aam_split_custom_field 1.0
chh_article_custom 1.15
chh_article_lib 1.04
chh_related_articles 0.41
hak_article_image 0.6.3
ied_plugin_composer 0.4
jra_ext_link 0.2
lam_addthis 0.3b
mem_glinklist 0.8.5
Postmaster 0.4.4
Postmaster Library 0.2.3
rss_admin_show_adv_opts 0.3
rss_auto_excerpt 0.5
smd_if 0.51
stm_image_uploader 0.3
tcm_rss 0.1
the_video 0.8
tru_tags 3.2
wlk_email_article 0.1
zem_contact_lang 4.0.3.6
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

.htaccess:
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

Thanks for any help – if this is already answered and I missed it somehow I apologize.

E

Last edited by eas442 (2008-06-06 16:50:57)

#449 2008-06-07 16:52:46

WebKat

I’m completely not getting the archive thing.
Would it be possible to get these simple bits of info? (I realize that names of things can be different but for now just a set that works is what I need)

I need a new section called ________ that uses a new page called ________
I need a new form called _________

I use the above example in the form, right?
What code do I put in the page?

WebKat

#450 2008-06-30 15:54:49

kyber

livewriter does not update tag links properly

I now regularly post to my blog using livewriter but have recently realised that only the first tag gives me a valid link from the tag cloud. For example, I just posted an entry with the new and unique tags zalpha, zbeta, abd zcharlie. These three tags duly appear in the tag cloud and the first takes me to http://mysite/tag/zalpha/ where the new article is shown (it is the only one with this tag). However, http://mysite/tag/zbeta/ or /zcharlie gives me a 404 not found error.

If I go into the texpattern admin interface and resave the arcticle, all works correctly.

Any thoughts anyone?

Board footer