Textpattern CMS support forum
- Import images from bookmarklet
- Assign an author to feed (you will need to edit/save your feed to have author assigned)
- Fixed issue of skipping feed items when importing
- Other bugfixes from 1.6
- If you choose to import images in TXP, the thumbnail will be created
- You can choose if the plugin turn links to youtube, viddler, and vimeo should be converted to embedded videos
- You can set the thumbnail size and video size
- Bugfix: youtube links were mistakenly being converted for titles
- Bugfix: error when adding new feed
- Added an additional column to feeds to remember the last update datetime. By default when you update feeds it will only pull feeds that were published after the last time the feed was checked
- Bugfix: feed category not save
- NOTE: Your settings (Tumblelog > Settings) will be reset because I made asv_tumblelog variables nicer to txp.
- Will take feeds from Vimeo and Viddler and make the body of the post the embed code. I highly recommend checking out Vimeo, which is what I use to upload videos from my cell. With this release you can go completely mobile now (text via Twitter, photos via Flickr, and video via Vimeo).
- A much smarter bookmarklet – the bookmarklet will now autopopulate videos from Vimeo, Youtube, and Viddler and photos from Flickr
Yikes! What a jump in versioning! I made some major modifications from version 0.3 to allow for some more flexiblity and added several new features.
- You can now assign seperate forms for each feed you import. Also, you choose to import images or not from the feed (import into TXP, just grab the url, or don’t do anything). The image information is now stored in the article_image field.
- The bookmarklet uses a new page, that will let you post more quickly
- You can also set up a custom field to hold the ID of the feed. I’ve written a couple tags that take advantage of this (asv_tumblelog_feed, asv_tumblelog_feedurl, asv_tumblelog_favicon).
More documentation is on the way, but in later releases you’ll see an even smarter bookmarklet, the addition of videos, and more tags around filtering by feed.
You can see it in action here.
I used to be an avid user of services like Tumblr, but found myself wanting more freedom and control over my posts. Please follow the setup instructions below to ensure that everything gets setup. asv_tumblelog will import feeds for you as TXP articles.
asv_tumblelog requires SimplePie, so please grab the latest version. After activating the plugin you will have a new tab under “Extensions” called “Tumblelog”. In this tab you have four options – Settings, Feeds, Page Design, Form Design.
Once everything is setup you’ll need to setup a cron job to get a specific url to update the feeds. The path would be: http://websiteurl/?asv_tumblelog_updatefeeds=1 (note: this is not the textpattern folder, but the url to your main site).
Before using asv_tumblelog you’ll need to setup a couple things.
- Source Link Field – select the custom field you would like to use to store the original link to the imported post
- Tumblelog Section – the section to import the feed into
- SimplePie Path – /the/path/to/your/SimplePie/install
- Post Form – the form that should be used to feeds typed as posts
- Quote Form – the form that should be used to feeds typed as quotes
- Link Form – the form that should be used to feeds typed as links
- Photo Form – the form that should be used to feeds typed as photos
p. In the ‘Feeds’ section you add/edit/view all your feeds you are importing. When adding a feed, fill in the information and choose the appropriate type. You can create your own definitions for each type since you can edit the design in latter sections.
The one exception is the photo type. If a feed is typed as a photo then asv_tumblelog will parse the body of a post and grab the first image, import it into TXP, and make the body of the imported article a reference to the imported photo.
By special request, I now filter out the username from Twitter feeds. So instead of “variaas: hello”, the post is just “hello”.
Here you can edit the page that is associated to your tumblelog section.
Here you can edit the style that is associated to your tumblelog section.
Here you can edit the 4 forms used for your tumblelog.
p. Recently, I had create a simple bookmark to allow for quick posting. I’ve now integrated it into asv_tumblelog so all you have to do is add the link as a bookmark. I highly recommend getting rss_admin_show_adv_opts to show the advanced options pane.
You’ll learn that you have a lot of room for flexibility and customization with asv_tumblelog. I would recommend installing plugins like rss_auto_excerpt and tru_tags. With rss_auto_excerpt you can truncate posts and tru_tags will let you implement a tagging solution using the ‘Keywords’ field.
Last edited by variaas (2007-12-07 07:57:04)
- From: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Registered: 2006-01-06
- Posts: 246
Would be very interested testing this out. Using Tumblr now for my tumblelog. It would be great to incorporate this in TXP!
- From: Lenzing, Austria
- Registered: 2005-06-06
- Posts: 3,263
This applies to
$_GET['updatefeeds'], too. Please do yourself a favour and reduce the risk of clashes with future Textpattern releases and other third-party extensions by adding a prefix to global/superglobal array hashes your plugin uses, e.g. like so:
asv_tumblelog is now at v1.4 and is great for two things:
1. Quick posting – use the bookmarklet to quickly post about a site you’re visiting, a thought on your mind, a photo from flickr, or a video from Viddler, Vimeo, or Youtube.
2. Moblogging – setup the following feeds to have a truly mobile blog (Tumblr/Twitter for text, Flickr for photos, and Vimeo for video).
- From: CGN, GER
- Registered: 2005-01-17
- Posts: 586
just tested this and i’ve encountered the following issue: when adding a feed, the category is not saved. no matter what category i select, when the feed is saved, there is no category defined in the feed list. also, when importing that feed no category is applied.
Last edited by sthmtc (2007-12-06 08:52:26)
- From: CGN, GER
- Registered: 2005-01-17
- Posts: 586
that seems to be fixed indeed, but now there is a new problem :)
whenever i try to add a new feed i get an internal sever error… nasty…
An internal server error occurred. Please try again later.