Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2004-12-06 13:46:31

mjm

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] txp.icio.us - Del.icio.us bookmarks made easy

valdok- I have also tried installing this plugin many times and cannot get it to output anything.
I have tried it on RC1 and RC2.
I would really like to get this working too. Ill post any results if i get it working.

#22 2004-12-06 23:00:08

valdok
Website

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn’t just me. Now this leads me to believe it’s either something with Magpie or the plugin itself.

Update: I’ve tried installing it on other TXP installs on the same server, and I still get no output, even with the debugging reporting enabled.

This is one of those plugins that — if we get a stable version running — would be a huge huge huge asset to the popularity of TXP, I’m almost tempted to ask Dean to incorporate it natively into TXP, now that a lot of people seem to be using del.icio.us on a fairly regular basis.

#23 2004-12-06 23:10:41

nesher
Plugin Author

I had done a del.icio.us/magpierss hack (not a plugin, just some php work) that i was using for my links on my site and my site started freakin out today (not sure when, could have been last night). I had to switch back to textpattern’s native links system till whatever’s wrong gets figured out.

#24 2004-12-06 23:22:59

greenrift
Plugin Author
Website

I think I figured it out. Stupid me not documenting it properly: The plugin requires a form, and uses “plainlinks” as its default form (same as txp:linklist in RC2 and maybe others). You can either specify a form form="theformname" or create a form called “plainlinks”. The available tags to use in this form are as follows:

• txp:link – outputs a link, the del.icio.us description field is the link text
  • txp:linkdesctitle – outputs a link, with the title of the link being the del.icio.us extended field
  • txp:link_description – outputs the del.icio.us extended field.

For example, the links on my website have the form:

<txp:link /> <txp:link_description />

I’ll upload a version that will give an error if it doesn’t get a form. But I’m guessing this is the reason.

Oh yah, and I feel really dumb for not writing that the form was required.

Last edited by greenrift (2004-12-06 23:23:25)

#25 2004-12-06 23:33:37

Jennifer
Website

Heh. Glad you found out about the missing form – hope it solves somebody’s problem. I just re-downloaded and re-installed magpie and the plugin.

I’m still missing something elemental.

• plugin is active
  • form called plainlinks exists, with a simple < txp:link tag / > in it – I’ve tried it both as a miscellaneous form or a links form
  • magpie is creating a cache file in my images directory
  • if I remove username=“avarweth” from the tag, it gives me an error about not connecting to del.icio.us

The tag I’m using is: < txp:txp_icio_us username=“avarweth” / > with no spaces before/after the brackets, obviously.

What else could I be missing? I know it’s a slap-the-forehead kind of thing, but I can’t find it.

#26 2004-12-06 23:35:43

Jennifer
Website

The page with the plugin tag, btw, contains nothing but the plugin tag. The only output on the page is the “runtime” comment tag.

#27 2004-12-06 23:43:11

nesher
Plugin Author

I got this plugin working – woo hoo!
And I modified it a bit, because i wanted my webpage to be valid html – so I changed this line:

<pre>
<code> $url =$item[‘link’];
</code>
</pre>

to this line:

<pre>
<code> $url = htmlentities($item[‘link’]);
</code>
</pre>

and it worked fine.

Last edited by nesher (2004-12-06 23:43:29)

#28 2004-12-07 00:02:33

greenrift
Plugin Author
Website

Jennifer:

Try deleting the cache file (only do this once though. Don’t keep deleting it), it might be a stale cache file that has nothing in it for reason.

I’ll have to think a little more about why it wouldn’t display anything.

#29 2004-12-07 00:09:11

valdok
Website

I’ll reinstall and give it a whirl, greenrift. I’ll report back if it works or not.

#30 2004-12-07 00:22:27

Jennifer
Website

Now I’m getting no cache-creation at all.

I think I’ve wonked something on my end. I’m going to create a clean textpattern install later, and try it there. I’ll report back.

Board footer