Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#511 2019-05-02 17:45:29

Destry
Website

Re: Txp cookies, visitor logging, and GDPR stuff in general

A bit of news in this area…

Privacy International in the UK reported a number of ad-tech nasties to the data privacy authorities of three different nations. Today it was reported that authorities have taken up an inquiry with QuantCast, which is one I particularly hate because it’s everywhere I go to read something and can’t. I hope they burn.

Meanwhile, The Guardian reported profit today, so that’s nice.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#512 Yesterday 10:06:18

Destry
Website

It’s one year this month that GDPR has been in effect. I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, or in some resource linked, that the EU would probably be watching and warning abusers for the first year or so before getting tough. A ‘no more excuses after this’ grace period, if you will. And sure enough, I’m seeing more reports like this in the news, including that in my previous post here.

Happy to see it. ;)

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#513 Yesterday 15:13:36

bici
Website

Destry wrote #318145:

It’s one year this month that GDPR has been in effect. I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, or in some resource linked, that the EU would probably be watching and warning abusers for the first year or so before getting tough. A ‘no more excuses after this’ grace period, if you will. And sure enough, I’m seeing more reports like this in the news, including that in my previous post here.

Happy to see it. ;)

Hope for the future

…. texted postive

Board footer