Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | Respbublika! | NeMe @ github

#12 2019-05-16 17:00:58

Destry
Website

Re: Purism

planeth wrote #318046:

Too bad that for a company which toot about their concern about privacy, they didn’t bother to try to align with the principles of GDPR…

Looks like the Framasoft folks don’t have a good view of the Librem One handling either. This is the lead dev of the Mobilizon project, I believe. The responses (in French) would suggest the main gripe is that Purism didn’t give much credit or public nod to the developers of the FOSS software that they made use of in the Librem One suite.

I think I did see a Purism blog post a while back from the CEO talking about those FOSS projects they borrowed from in relation to LO, but I don’t think many people saw it at the time. And Purism certainly didn’t say one iota in social channels, which is where everyone was looking for something.

It’s true, and apparent when you look at their marketing campaign, that Purism really come out of the gate with an air like it’s their creation from scratch. But, they never actually claim that, so nothing illegal, per se.

I think it’s just all the marketing and commercial gloss of a Bay area company rubbing people the wrong way, and I totally understand that. Then again, I think it’s going to help get privacy thinking into more heads via Purism’s hardware and approach.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#13 2019-05-16 17:07:45

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Purism

/e/
Another OS based on Lineage OS.
e.foundation/

/e/ comprises a mobile operating system (OS) and carefully selected applications, which combine to form a privacy-enabled internal environment for mobile phones. It is associated with common online services – a search engine, an email service, an Android application repository, and online storage. The whole environment is free from Google services.

Actually on beta.

Last edited by sacripant (2019-05-16 17:09:59)

Board footer