Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2018-05-04 14:01:43

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: Textpattern demo site overhaul/refresh for 4.7.0 and beyond

gaekwad wrote #311617:

As the person doing the hosting, I cannot in good faith expect everyone using the site to abide by GDPR by leaving logging off, leaving disclaimers etc in place, removing any GDPR-enforcing plugins and so on.

We’ll have it sorted by then.

In the meantime, I get the sentiment, but I think you’re covered anyway since everything’s trashed every few hours so there’s no long-term storage. Barely any short-term storage.

Anyone inviting users to ‘click here and win a polar bear’ pointing to a demo site with the express purpose of capturing that info for direct marketing with opt-in is going to have a hard time getting anyone to part with their details in time, let alone there’ll be no record of the transaction three hours later.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#12 2018-05-04 14:03:49

gaekwad

Bloke wrote #311621:

We’ll have it sorted by then.

Thank you. I have no doubt. Don’t take this (potential) action as sabre rattling or any kind of mutiny, it’s just me covering my behind from a biz/org point of view and a worst-case scenario.

#13 2018-05-04 14:08:00

Bloke
Developer
Website

No mutiny implications taken. Pays to be prudent with anything when there’s money to be made by vampiristic lawyers and governments.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2018-05-10 13:23:09

gaekwad

…and Textpattern 4.7.0-rc1 is go. Links to public- and admin-side are here:

textpattern.co/demo

Please note: from today, SSL is enforced because it’s 2018 and I’m feeling fancy.

Board footer