Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-04-20 13:07:38

Bongo-man

How to set an error-message for duplicated pages?

I’ve noticed (I guess it’s not a novelty) that all the tempates can be used to display articles by means of a section and an index page of each section.

In my case I’ve called all the articles from different section in only one specific (different) section page. So I mostly don’t profit the index page of each section. Look ths example:

www.website.xxx/indexpage/index.php (this is my index page) in which I list articles from different sections like the following:

articles1, articles2, articles3.

For such reason I don’t profit the following pages:

www.website.xxx/articles1/index.php
www.website.xxx/articles1/
www.website.xxx/articles2/index.php
www.website.xxx/articles2/
www.website.xxx/articles3/index.php
www.website.xxx/articles3/

So I’ve created some ‘physical pages’ whose name is:
/articles1/
/articles2/
/article3/
When I try to open them I get an error messages and I think that’s good to me;
but not the same happens when somebody open (less common):
/articles1/index.php
/articles2/index.php
/articles3/index.php

- Furthermore www.website.xxx/indexpage/ is a duplication of www.website.xxx/indexpage/index.php (that I’‘ve also set as canonical URL for this comprehensive index-page)

If I create a physical page www.website.xxx/indexpage/ when I try to open it I get an error message and that would be good, if I didn’t get error messages also when I try to open all the articles categories, for example:

www.website.xxx/indexpage/?c=category1
www.website.xxx/indexpage/?c=category2 ad so on

Question:

So, finally, at present I’m trying a way to get an error message without needing to use physical pages and similarly at what I get with 404 (default_error page), in order to prevet people to visit such duplicated pages and also to get no penalties from Google.

Any idea?

Board footer