Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2015-07-06 21:41:35

uli

Re: [textpacks] Translating languages strings for Textpattern 4.6

Here’s some de-de.

NEW:

invalid_postdate => Ungültiges Veröffentlichungsdatum.

CORRECTIONS:

url_title_is_multiple => Die selbe benutzerdefinierte URL wird von {count} verschiedenen Artikeln benutzt.
article_exp_year => Jahr
css_save_failed => Die Stilvorlage konnte wegen eines Fehlers nicht gespeichert werden. Bitte nochmals versuchen.
css_used_by_section => Stilvorlage <strong>{name}</strong> nicht gelöscht; wird von {count} Sektion(en) verwendet.
img_dir_read_only => Bilderverzeichnis hat keine Schreibrechte
path_to_site_inacc => <code>$path_to_site</code> ist nicht erreichbar
page_used_by_section => Seite <strong>{name}</strong> wurde nicht gelöscht. Sie wird von {count} Sektion(en) verwendet.
expire_logs_after => Protokolle nach wievielen Tagen löschen?
hours_days_ago => vor Stunden/Tagen
search => Suchen
article_count => <strong>{num}</strong> Artikel in dieser Sektion. Mit Klick zur Liste wechseln.
section_save_failed => Die Sektion konnte wegen eines Fehlers nicht gespeichert werden. Bitte nochmals versuchen.
allowoverride => Erlauben, dass Bausteine überschrieben werden?

Some of the strings might be not in use any more (leftovers from previous versions), dunno, but it won’t do no harm, either, if they get corrected.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#22 2015-07-06 22:18:55

uli

I’ve one more string that’s potentially irritating to newbies:

Override form in the Write panel is translated as if it said Overwrite form. Hence my proposal:

override_default_form => Anderen Baustein verwenden (Use another form)

This needed an alteration in the Help file’s headline rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=override_form&language=de-de, which should likewise say Anderen Baustein verwenden.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#23 2015-07-07 06:59:43

gaekwad

Uli – thank you very much, this is excellent. I’ll raise a pull request for these now.

Raised here: github.com/textpattern/textpacks/pull/83

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-07-07 07:13:18)

#24 2015-07-07 07:17:18

gaekwad

Uli: that invalid_postdate string takes the de-de Textpack to 100% completion. Would you like to join candyman and be an official translator for the German language strings? No requirement to use GitHub, though you can if you wish – your delivery here was exactly what I was hoping for.

I noticed eliph has made some changes to de-de via GitHub, but her/his name is not familiar to me around here. Anyone know them?

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-07-07 07:21:08)

#25 2015-07-07 11:41:30

uli

Sorry, Pete, I’ve missed to consequently use the allowoverride translation. It’s used in several places (Write panel and Prefs) and needed adaption to be understood in the prefs, too. For that reason, I have to correct my correction re allowoverride.

allowoverride => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden?
override_default_form => Alternativen Baustein verwenden
gaekwad wrote #292711:

Would you like to join candyman and be an official translator for the German language strings?

I’ll gladly do that if Robert doesn’t object.

I noticed eliph has made some changes to de-de via GitHub, but her/his name is not familiar to me around here. Anyone know them?

Nope. I guess, from the avatar, that eliph might be argi from TXSTyle, the new home of the Textile documentation.

#26 2015-07-07 11:47:59

philwareham
Core designer
Website

uli wrote #292732:

Anyone can be a translator now, they need to just submit pull requests via GitHub. Although it’s always good to be able to call upon trusted people to translate where possible. So go for it!

#27 2015-07-07 12:01:17

ax

gaekwad wrote #292711:

This is me. Sorry for the confusion.

Peter

#28 2015-07-07 13:29:00

gaekwad

uli wrote #292732:

Sorry, Pete, I’ve missed to consequently use the allowoverride translation. It’s used in several places (Write panel and Prefs) and needed adaption to be understood in the prefs, too. For that reason, I have to correct my correction re allowoverride.

allowoverride => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden?...

I will amend that now – thank you for the explanation, very helpful.

Excellent news – welcome aboard!

#29 2015-07-07 13:37:04

ax

So there are official translators? This should be made clear in the first post, also. Therefore please review this change that I hade proposed, and it is in the official repro already:

site_slogan => Motto der Seite

it was:

site_slogan => Slogan der Seite

before.

#30 2015-07-07 13:45:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website

ax wrote #292748:

So there are official translators? This should be made clear in the first post, also.

As I previously said, anyone can translate if they want to. If someone wants to peer review changes then that is fine too.

Board footer