You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#101 2012-08-21 10:33:41

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern 4.5.0 Beta released

jpdupont wrote:

tag does not exist

As a stab in the dark, try setting the smd_thumbnall plugin type to ‘5’ and see if things improve (you can do that with the plugin composer, or alter it directly in phpMyAdmin). I really need to go through all the plugins and revamp them for 4.5 use. Just a matter of making time at the moment.

EDIT: don’t know about the txp:images error. Looks like it’s not substituting the stuff in single quotes for some reason. Weird.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-08-21 11:07:07)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#102 2012-08-21 10:55:12

Gocom
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

That would probably involve either:

Stef, that’s all good and all, but that doesn’t fix the other main issue which is installing and managing the plugins. Plugin cache doesn’t have an installer (plugin lifecycle), which literally defeats any point in using it.

Reading the files as they are loaded, detecting the Type in the template (if indeed the files are in template format: they don’t have to be, which is why the cache dir is not recommended for production environments).

I would give my big no to plugin templates. If you excuse me, kill it with fire. Please. Plugin templates are horrid mess of a system and should just die. They literally encourage bad practices. As far as the type goes, you would need to get the type from the source code. Which either involves use of tokenizer or import, where the latter can not work and the former is not a real option.

Things like library plugins would fall foul of the system so they’d need special dispensation, and it would have to be backwards compatible somehow.

I don’t see how. The goal would be extending the plugin cache to work like the database does, which for the first time actually implements library type plugins for the cache. As of now, the cache does not support on-demand library plugins.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-21 10:57:24)

#103 2012-08-21 11:04:39

Bloke
Developer
Website

Gocom wrote:

doesn’t fix the other main issue which is installing and managing the plugins

Correct, hence my closing statement “This whole cache dir thing could probably be improved overall”. I’m sure there were some good points put forward on another thread about ways to make plugins better but I can’t find it, grrrr… let’s take this discussion out of this topic and hammer out ways to make the cache dir implementation — heck, even the entire plugin system — better.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-08-21 11:06:07)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#104 2012-08-21 11:14:20

jpdupont
Website

Bloke a écrit:

As a stab in the dark, try setting the smd_thumbnall plugin type to ‘5’ and see if things improve (you can do that with the plugin composer, or alter it directly in phpMyAdmin). I really need to go through all the plugins and revamp them for 4.5 use. Just a matter of making time at the moment.

Thanks Stef, setting the plugin type to ‘5’ do remove the error and now I see the images. OK !

I don’t understand what you mean with the txp:images error …

#105 2012-08-21 11:22:39

Bloke
Developer
Website

jpdupont

Cool, glad it worked. When I tried your macro I got a MySQL error. Just chasing it down to find out why. But if you see everything OK, then that’s brilliant.

#106 2012-08-21 16:09:03

wet
Developer
Website

Bloke wrote:

We could toss around ideas on a separate thread

Hint, hint.

This thread’s topic is Feedback to: Textpattern 4.5.0 Beta released. I’d rather keep it that way.

Board footer