Textpattern CMS support forum
- Plugin Author
- From: London, UK
- Registered: 2004-06-08
- Posts: 95
spf_ext - external file management plugin
An external file editor/management plugin.
Create, edit and delete external (to Textpattern) files in Textpattern admin.
REQUIRES: Texpattern 4.4.1 and PHP 5 and shell access (for sym-linking existing files).
Please read the instructions and notes before use.
I wrote this for my own use (on the back of spf_js) but others may find it useful. It allows you to create, edit and delete files external to Textpattern in Textpattern admin.
You can, of course, do this with external editors, via SSH, FTP, etc. but, occasionally, it’s useful to have external (config) files accessible in Textpattern.
Your mileage may vary.
- All files are stored in one (pre-defined) directory which must be accessible (and writeable to) by your web server.
- When editing important external files it’s advisable to back up and sym-link to a copy in the ext_files directory.
- Deleting files via this plugin deletes the file from the ext_files directory – you have been warned.
- Download (for Textpattern 4.5.x)
- Download (for Textpattern 4.4.x)
0.3 – 3 November 2012
- Textpattern 4.5.x compatibility.
0.2 – 26 August 2012
- security enhancements (thanks Jukka).
0.1 – May 2012
- first release.
Last edited by spiffin (2012-11-03 13:56:55)