Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2008-09-03 12:27:05

freischwimmen
Website

Re: adi_menu – section hierarchy, section menu and breadcrumb trail

Great Plugin from what i can tell so far!

Two things i`d like to share / ask..
1) i get an error message after installing the plugin, looks like this when i open a page that includes
<txp:adi_menu /> in my browser :

Tag error: <txp:adi_menu/> -> Notice: Undefined index: adi_menu_parent on line 485
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:485 adi_menu_hierarchy()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:491 adi_menu_hierarchy()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:491 adi_menu_hierarchy()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:567 adi_menu_hierarchy()
textpattern/publish.php:970 adi_menu()
processtags()
textpattern/publish.php:929 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/publish.php:466 parse()
index.php:40 textpattern()

2) Is it possible to not show the default “home” link in the menu / section list generated by this plugin?

any help much appreciated, thanks in advance!

#22 2008-09-03 13:58:04

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

freischwimmen wrote:

1) i get an error message after installing the plugin
2) Is it possible to not show the default “home” link in the menu / section list generated by this plugin?

Yes it’s a bug. It happens when you exclude the default section in the adi_menu admin tab (there’s an error message there too). It’ll be fixed in the next version but for the time being don’t exclude the default section in admin, use the include_default="0" attribute in the adi_menu tag instead.

#23 2008-09-03 17:03:14

freischwimmen
Website

Thanks for the quick answer, that did the trick. Perfect.

#24 2008-09-03 20:13:14

freischwimmen
Website

eeh, almost perfect.

one thing i`d still like to change, maybe you can help me out again gomedia, much appreciated for real.

is there a way not to display the section parent within abovementioned list, but only its childs?
i want to achieve a “subsite” within a “normal txp homepage” that has a menu with all static pages (section childs) listed, status quo is that the link to the main subsite itself (parent) is also present in that list. Ideas? Am i missing something obvious?
Thanks for any help.

#25 2008-09-03 21:54:37

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

freischwimmen wrote:

is there a way not to display the section parent within abovementioned list, but only its childs?

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Children need a parent to hang off. The parent – child relationship is crucial to the hierarchy.

Send me an example via email to illustrate your requirement (use forum email or go via my website).

#26 2008-09-03 22:05:08

freischwimmen
Website

Thanks gomedia, will do so tomorrow, its really late over here in europe. Thanks!

#27 2008-09-04 12:21:51

Si
Website

Hi Adi,
Thanks for a nice plugin! It would be great to be able to include a parent section in the menu and have its children displayed automatically, similar to ‘start_section’ attribute in cnk_section_tree. So that when a user adds a subsection to the hierarchy – it is automatically included in the list, without having to include it manually in the tag attributes. Do you think it’s possible?

Si

#28 2008-09-04 12:47:00

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

Si wrote:

Hi Adi,
Thanks for a nice plugin! It would be great to be able to include a parent section in the menu and have its children displayed automatically, similar to ‘start_section’ attribute in cnk_section_tree. So that when a user adds a subsection to the hierarchy – it is automatically included in the list, without having to include it manually in the tag attributes. Do you think it’s possible?

Si, in it’s basic form <txp:adi_menu/> will automatically output all sections that have been added in the Sections tab. You don’t have to use the ‘sections’ attribute to explicitly include them. So when you add a new section to the Sections tab, the next refresh of the web page will show it in the menu.

Obviously, if the new section is intended to be a sub-section (i.e. a child) then you have to visit the adi_menu admin tab to set this up. But again, if you’re not using the adi_menu ‘sections’ attribute, a simple page refresh is all that’s required – i.e. you don’t have to edit the tag attributes.

#29 2008-09-04 13:32:41

Si
Website

That’s right, Adi, but if I only want to display one section and it’s children? Practically, I have a section called ‘Countries’ and it’s children – ‘UK, Canada, USA’, etc.. and I only want to display a menu with the children on a particular page, not the full section list. And I would want a user to be able to create a new section (say ‘South Africa’) and then have it on the list straight away.
Sorry, if I’m asking too much :) The cnk_section_tree can do that, however it seems to conflict with some other plugin in my installation (I have a feeling it’s rss_unlimited_categories)

#30 2008-09-04 13:39:26

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

Si wrote:

That’s right, Adi, but if I only want to display one section and it’s children?

Si, sorry, now I understand. I guess sections="Countries" only gives you the Countries section & not its children. Your requirement sounds useful, leave it with me.

Board footer