Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_versioning

Fixed. Please download 0.1.5.

#22 2008-07-08 06:51:28

NickCaldwell
Website

OK, the following error message is output when in debugging mode:

Warning: Unknown column ‘file_mod_time’ in ‘field list’ select name,type,IFNULL, 0) as mod_time from txp_form where 1=1 in /Users/ncaldwell/Sites/retrorocket.dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 81

Warning: Unknown column ‘file_mod_time’ in ‘field list’ select name,IFNULL, 0) as mod_time from txp_page where 1=1 in /Users/ncaldwell/Sites/retrorocket.dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 81

Warning: Unknown column ‘file_mod_time’ in ‘field list’ select name,IFNULL, 0) as mod_time from txp_css where 1=1 in /Users/ncaldwell/Sites/retrorocket.dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 81

#23 2008-07-08 07:13:37

NickCaldwell
Website

Erm, now it’s not outputting the files to the file system at all!

#24 2008-07-08 07:28:00

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Sounds like you forgot to run the database install routine. If you did, please check if the column file_mod_time exists for the db tables txp_form, txp_page and txp_css.

#25 2008-07-08 07:42:30

NickCaldwell
Website

Ah, OK, I see now. I’d humbly suggest that the “Install” link needs a bit more labelling to make it clearer what’s happening. Like “Install into database” or “update database”. I’d also expect something that alters the functionality of a database to be a form input button rather than a link — a link takes you somewhere but a button does something.

#26 2008-07-08 07:45:02

NickCaldwell
Website

Oh, and please take the criticism in the spirit of being very excited by this plugin and hoping it wins universal fame and acclaim! It’s filling a substantial gap in Textpattern’s functionality.

#27 2008-07-08 08:08:14

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

I found a bug in the directory checking. If you didn’t specify $CNK_VER_OUTPUT_PATH, please download v 0.1.6.

#28 2008-07-08 17:21:32

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

NickCaldwell wrote:

It’s filling a substantial gap in Textpattern’s functionality.

+1

#29 2008-07-13 15:18:24

maniqui
Website

chriloi wrote:

Everytime a front-end page is viewed with production_status != ‘live’, the plugin loads all files to the database, which have a modification timestamp greater than the one stored in the database. Deleted files will also delete forms/pages/css from database. New files will create new pages/forms/css.

Hi, I’m thinking about using this plug-in so I can easily edit forms, pages and stylesheets using an external editor, and maybe to use svn so I can keep versions of each files.
I’ve a few questions:

• when using this plug-in, is it also possible to edit form/pages/stylesheets through the TxP Admin, as always? (reading the text quoted above, I think the answer is “yes”, and so it is possible to keep using the TxP admin for editing)
  • if answer is “yes”, then, any modification done on the TxP admin textareas, will be “reflected” (applied) in the corresponding file on the filesystem?
  • is it 100% compatible with rvm_css?

Thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#30 2008-07-13 17:52:33

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

maniqui wrote:

when using this plug-in, is it also possible to edit form/pages/stylesheets through the TxP Admin, as always? (reading the text quoted above, I think the answer is “yes”, and so it is possible to keep using the TxP admin for editing)

No. These tabs are disabled— when you navigate to these sections, Textpattern displays this message: “While cnk_versioning is enabled, this function is disabled.”

Board footer