Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2009-04-07 20:52:24

Els
Admin

Re: smd_fuzzy_find: making search results less precise

This is silly… I’ve been using this plugin for ages and only now I notice that there is no sort attribute for the smd_fuzzy_find tag. Even sillier is that I have if_different in my search_results form (and sort="section" in the article tag) to display the section titles and only now I notice that the fuzzy_find output is of course looking quite messy because those results are not sorted by section…

So, since I managed to overlook this for a year or so, I guess it’s not that important ;) But I’m still curious if it would be easy to add a sort attribute… If it isn’t, never mind, I’ll just remove the if_different.

Edit: nevermind, please forget the request. I decided it’s a better solution to just show the words, not the articles.

I have another question though, Stef. I just updated from 0.2 to 0.21, but forgot that I messed with the plugin code (again… bad habit, I know) to output a question mark after every suggested word. And now I can’t remember how I did that… everything I try gives me an internal server error, which of course serves me right :)

Last edited by Els (2009-04-07 21:42:57)

#22 2009-04-08 13:04:09

Bloke
Developer
Website

Els

The search results are supposed to be (emphasis on supposed) returned in weight order, i.e. the most likely candidates at the top. I’ve not looked at the code for a while so I don’t know offhand if it’s possible to reorder the output by some arbitrary means. But if it is possible I’ll make it so in the next release.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#23 2009-04-08 16:57:29

Els
Admin

Bloke wrote:

But if it is possible I’ll make it so in the next release.

No, please don’t! I’ve left the search results out now, and actually I like it better this way. So just forget that I asked, OK? Apologies for waisting your time!

#24 2010-05-13 11:55:42

alanfluff
Website

Hi Stef, thanks (againnn) for a brilliant plugin! Please can I ask a likely stupid question, it says I need to use smd_lib v0.33 — is it OK to use the latest ver of that, I’m about to use 0.36?

Tks! Cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#25 2010-05-13 12:05:06

Bloke
Developer
Website

alanfluff wrote:

is it OK to use the latest ver of that, I’m about to use 0.36?

Sure thing. I should update the docs really and remove any such version information from the plugins, as smd_lib is now stable enough and backwards compatible enough to not warrant it any more. Go for it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#26 2010-05-13 12:06:58

alanfluff
Website

Splendid! Tks, cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#27 2010-05-28 08:39:56

kvnmcwebn
Website

Sorry where do I put the attributes for this plug in.
like if I want to use match_with=“keywords, title,body,excerpt,category1,category2”.
Where would I put that?

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#28 2010-05-28 08:51:38

Bloke
Developer
Website

kvnmcwebn wrote:

Sorry where do I put the attributes for this plug in.

In the usual spot in the smd_fuzzy_find tag! If you want to match with some other fields than the default title and body, specify them like this:

<txp:smd_fuzzy_find match_with="article:body;title;excerpt;keywords;category1;category2" />

Last edited by Bloke (2010-05-28 08:51:54)

#29 2010-05-28 09:48:38

kvnmcwebn
Website

ahh thanks, i was using commas to separated them with a space.

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#30 2010-07-30 14:58:57

whocarez
Plugin Author
Website

Hello,

is this plugin able to work with non latin character sets?? For example Cyrillic?
I tried it on a Russian language website and it failed, so I suggest, that the plugin can´t handle letters other than latin ones.

Board footer