Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2006-01-24 19:39:52

alesh
Website

Re: Including article body inside another article

Oops – - – - – I take it all back: somebody please confirm the following observation:

A output_form OR an article_custom form inside an article will not break the article per se, but it does cause it to disapear from any article list page! Direct links to that article still work just fine, and the output_form tag, at least, works exactly as expected. Bizzare!

Yes, I have tried turning it off and on.

#12 2006-01-24 20:36:25

Els
Admin

You can’t use <txp:output_form /> to call an article form, it can be used (also in an article) to call a misc form. And it’s just not possible to call an article form from within an article.

Is that article list of yours dynamic? Otherwise a possible solution would be to handcode it ;)

Or: use my suggestion in my previous post and try some CSS magic to position it in the middle of your article body – but don’t ask me how to ;)

#13 2006-01-25 11:53:26

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

OK, I’ve just wrote some code that does exactly what you’ve asked.
Welcome here: Inspired.Kiev.Ua: ied_doArticle Textpattern plugin

Plugin Composer — admin plugin to write your own plugins

#14 2006-01-28 20:21:11

neutrino
Website

Wow! Inspired. And all in 14 lines of code. I’m speechless. This opens up a host of new possibilities. Thank you. Thank you.

#15 2006-01-28 22:27:02

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you for your warm words too, Neutrino.
I made a little update to the plugin, so now you can specify more than one id and the plugin will choose one randomly — must be very handy for random quotes.

Plugin Composer — admin plugin to write your own plugins

#16 2006-02-13 16:58:19

alesh
Website

Question . . . can doArticle be used like an article or article custom tag, supporting sections, sortdir, etc?

I just upgraded to textpattern 4.0.3 from 4.0.1, and the article containing output_form that was calling a form with article_custom tags BROKE, so i’m back to square 1 (L71).

I’m consideringh the CSS positioning idea, but I don’t think it’s going to work (the page, for anyone interested, is http://www.artandculturecenter.org/teacher-resources – the listings belong under “upcoming” and “past”). The next best idea is to move the lists to a custom article page, but THEN they have to be at the top of the article, before the text, which is a drag…

any other ideaS?

#17 2006-08-22 13:57:44

filip baraka

Do you get an extra invalid “</p>” paragraph tag after using do article? all pages that have articles with doArticle don’t validate. Help!

Last edited by filip baraka (2006-08-22 13:59:22)

#18 2006-08-22 14:25:07

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

article_custom should work from an article body in svn, if I remember correctly.

I’m curious: why would you need to put one article inside of another?

#19 2006-08-22 15:15:25

filip baraka

i’m working on a Croatian TouristBoard site (http://sibenikregion.com visit for few days, problems with hosting company and im right now switching to textdrive)
typical article in section destination have; image of destination, short description and a contact for that dest. tourist board, however i have other section where are contact info for hotels, rentals, scuba diving, boat charter and like, and also I have a list of tourist boards, so I don’t want to double the data for sake of mind and easy managing.

Back to plugin: if turn off textille, everything is ok, but ofcourse unformatted
article_custom, any tips for that?

#20 2006-08-22 23:01:04

alesh
Website

Mary~ I don’t think it’s worth messing around with subversion (like I’d know how). What I’m doing involves a sub-category type of situation, on a very CMS-oriented (not news or blog or even date-oriented) sort of site, where one article needs to have a list of articles in another section in it. Look here:

http://www.artandculturecenter.org/distance-learning

The workaround is that the article body is part of a custom form which never displays txp:body, but IS allowed to call an txp:article_custom to generate the lists. Works well enough, but i’ll be a happiner camper if the new version allows me to put my article_custom stuff right in another article.

Let’s get recursive.

Board footer