Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2006-01-11 22:29:32

mrdale
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Thinking radical here, but bear with me. How about a drop-down “wysiwyg editor” select menu with the following options:

1. on for body
  2. on for excerpt
  3. on for both
  4. off

That way it allows all the options without using up too much acreage.

What do you think?

Last edited by mrdale (2006-01-11 22:31:46)

#32 2006-01-12 03:18:04

hakjoon
Website

That seems like a good setup to me.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#33 2006-01-12 03:54:20

RenJonsin
Website

Just as a comparison, Joomla has it setup where it is either off for a user or on, but there is an editor in both the article field and the excerpt field. That looked kinda busy but it seems to work well.

The main thing that I notice when using TinyMCE is that it takes awhile to load up in the form. If you have to do two it seems like a lot of waiting but maybe not as much as pulling up the html code then cutting and pasting. If it could be setup to automatically load in the desired manner when the page opens, that would be very helpful. If it could be set for each user instead of site wide, that would be ideal.

Ren

#34 2006-01-12 09:09:29

lee

Just installed this in 4.03 and the Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout don’t work. Anyone have the same problem?

#35 2006-01-12 13:12:36

hakjoon
Website

lee wrote:
Just installed this in 4.03 and the Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout don’t work. Anyone have the same problem?

Do any of the other buttons work? Are you getting any errors? Are any other plugins running in the write tab? Also make sure you are accessing the site through the exact same url that is in your Admin -> Preferences -> Site URL. If that has a www make sure you are using the www. Browsers won’t grab javascript from what they perceive as other domains for security reasons. I’m working of fixing this.

#36 2006-01-12 13:18:56

hakjoon
Website

> RenJonsin wrote:
If it could be setup to automatically load in the desired manner when the page opens, that would be very helpful. If it could be set for each user instead of site wide, that would be ideal.

You can currently set the editor to come up by default by changing the global Textile settings to leave text untouched. Could probably cerate an admin panel that would allow you to be more specific with what you want to actually happen. I’m also thinking a good option would be to offer the GZiped .JS as an option for speed, if your server supports it, It’s in the current distribution the plugin code would just need to be changed to use it if you are really having issues with speed.

Unfortunately textpattern doesn’t seem to really have a setup for userl level options yet, I could see about making my preferences pane user aware but I’m not sure how involved that is.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-01-12 14:52:48)

#37 2006-01-12 14:22:40

lee

Do any of the other buttons work? Are you getting any errors? Are any other plugins running in the write tab? Also make sure you are accessing the site through the exact same url that is in your Admin -> Preferences -> Site URL. If that has a www make sure you are using the www. Browsers won’t grab javascript from what they perceive as other domains for security reasons. I’m working of fixing this.

All buttons except the 4 I mentioned work.
Getting no errors.
No other plugins on the write tab.
Accessing through the right url.

If you need anything else let me know.

Cheers, Lee.

#38 2006-01-12 14:50:10

hakjoon
Website

What browser are you using?

Is everything straight out of the zip? (ie: you haven’t altered the plugin code at all).

Check to see if you see the same behavior on the official demo at moxiecode just to rule out that it’s something with tinyMCE itself.

Also if you could post or send me the source for your write page that can help a ton, because It allows me to see if anything is different in how things are getting called.

#39 2006-01-12 14:50:30

tinyfly
Website

I downloaded and used the tinyMCE php gzip compressor that is located on the Moxiecode site and that works wonderfully. It makes the editor load a lot faster.

#40 2006-01-18 17:30:34

jerry
Website

Is anyone having trouble with some of the buttons in tinyMCE not working. I can’t get bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, numbering or bullets to work. Other things like the link button, paragraph alignment and style list work fine?

I don’t blame Congress. If I had $600 billion, I’d be irresponsible too.

Board footer